Who Would Want Eye Enhancement?
Many of us complain of a tired appearance with visible bags and dark circles under our eyes. Fine lines (also known as crow’s feet) around our eyes can make us look older than we are. Not everyone is a candidate for eyelid surgery. At McLean Clinic, we offer a non-surgical approach to eye rejuvenation to help you look well-rested and refreshed.
What Does Eye Enhancement Involve?
Eye Enhancement at McLean Clinic is a non-surgical treatment program that is individually tailored to meet your specific needs. During your free consultation, we will review your concerns and develop a solution that works for you. Our comprehensive approach uses the safest and most effective techniques and typically includes a combination of the following therapies:
- Botox is a medically refined substance that relaxes the muscles responsible for causing lines, furrows or other unwanted appearances. It is injected with very fine needles and is commonly used to relax the muscles that cause lines (crow’s feet) around the eyes or frown lines between the eyebrows. The effects of Botox may take 1 to 14 days to appear and generally last 4 months. Botox has been used for over 20 years in the effective treatment of many medical conditions. While it is considered relatively safe and effective, potential side effects of Botox can include bruising, swelling and localized pain at the injection site. In rare instances an adjacent muscle may be affected resulting in an unwanted effect such as a drooping eyelid. Other serious adverse reactions such as difficulty swallowing are rarely reported and are listed in Botox’s official drug monograph.
- Injectable fillers such as Juvederm are used to fill the hollows beneath the eyes, reducing the appearance of sagging eye bags. Injectable fillers used at McLean Clinic are composed of hyaluronic acid (HA) – a naturally occurring substance in our bodies that keeps our skin looking hydrated and plump. Injection can be performed in as little as 30 minutes and most of our fillers now contain Lidocaine, reducing pain within seconds. Results are immediate and can last up to 9 to 12 months. Redness, swelling and/or discomfort can occur. Any bruising at the injection site usually disappears within 7 to 10 days.
- ProFractional can be used to treat fine lines and wrinkles, especially those around the eyes and mouth. Unlike older resurfacing systems, Profractional emits a tiny laser beam that treats thousands of pinpoint areas of your skin. Downtime is reduced and the result is improved skin texture with less visible fine lines and wrinkles. While skin resurfacing procedures are considered safe when performed by a trained professional, there is a slight risk of scarring, discoloration of the skin, swelling and redness.
- The Thermage Eye Procedure helps smooth and tighten skin in the eye area. It is a single, non-surgical treatment that uses radiofrequency (RF) energy to stimulate collagen production. Thermage is suitable for all skin types and colours and has little to no downtime. The effects continue to improve for up to six months and can last for years.
- Latisse® is a prescription eyelash product designed to grow your natural eyelashes. After 8 weeks of use, you will have longer, fuller and darker lashes. This safe and effective treatment works by prolonging the active growth phase of the eyelashes (also known as the anagen phase). Latisse® is applied once a day, ideally before bedtime. The most common side effects reported after using Latisse®are itching sensation in the eyes and redness. Darkening to the upper eyelid may also occur and is expected to be reversible if you stop using Latisse®.
- Medical-Grade Skin Care is an essential part of any eye rejuvenation program. At McLean Clinic, we offer the latest and most effective prescription skin care lines such as Obagi’s Nu-Derm System and ZO Skin Health by ZeinObagi, MD. All our medical-grade skin care products emphasize cellular turnover and boost collagen formation. Skin is stronger and more resilient with fewer lines and wrinkles.
Book a Cosmetic Consultation