The Difference Between Botox, Restylane and Juvederm
In the cosmetic world, injectables are one of the most popular non-surgical procedures that patients go for to help restore or maintain a youthful appearance. While there are a number of different types of injectables in the market today, here are some of the key problem areas they like to tackle:
Fine Lines and Wrinkles
Many people start to see the effects of aging as soon as they notice the fine lines and wrinkles appear on their skin. This is very common as we start to age because of the natural breakdown of elastin and collagen in the skin. Injectables are used to reduce muscle contractions responsible for those lines and fill in space for a smoother appearance.
Much like the face, one of the biggest physical indicators of aging are aging hands. To help give them a boost, fillers can give your hands a youthful appearance by replacing the volume once the fat layer has diminished.
One of the key characteristics of a “baby face” is the plump and volume of it. As we age, we naturally lose that volume because of the natural loss of collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid — three key components that make your skin looking plump and youthful. To help turn the hands of time, fillers can be applied to temporarily restore volume on your face, helping shave off years of aging.
Under Eye Bags
Whether it’s genetic or simply years of late nights and poor sleep, under eye bags can add years onto your face. To help minimize the severity of them, injectable fillers can help restore lost volume underneath the eyes and reduce the look of severe eye bags.
Besides anti-aging benefits, injectables can also help with nonconventional issues like excessive sweating. Botox is often used for this treatment which works by blocking the signals sent from the nerves to the sweat glands and prevents the production of sweat.
Non-Surgical Nose Reshaping
Getting a rhinoplasty isn’t the best option for everyone, especially when the changes you want to see aren’t that major. Thankfully the non-surgical route can help reshape the nose using fillers to create more symmetry and reduce minor imperfections.
Contrary to popular belief, the “double chin” isn’t just a product of poor food and lifestyle choices but can actually be hereditary. Some injectables like the Belkyra have an ability to quickly dissolve fat cells under the chin for a firmer look, without the hassle of going under the knife.
What’s The Difference Between Botox, Restylane and Juvederm?
Now that we know what the common uses are for injectables, we can go through some of their most popular treatments — Botox, Restylane and Juvederm. Depending on what you want to be done to your face and what results you’re looking for, we help breakdown some of their key differences to help you figure out which treatment is right for you.
What is Botox?
Botox the most popular cosmetic enhancement in the world, and rightfully so! The formula works at relaxing the muscles responsible for causing pesky fine lines and furrows around the face.
What are the benefits of Botox?
Botox has built a global reputation for delivering quick and satisfying results. The procedure is essentially painless and can be done in a few minutes with next to no downtime. Because it relaxes certain muscles in the face, Botox helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, frown lines, and laugh lines.
How long do the results of Botox last?
Results can last anywhere between 3-4 months. Depending on where the Botox is used, that’s when we’d recommend patients come back in to get additional work done to help maintain their results.
What is Juvederm?
Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid based facial filler that has the ability to instantly smooth out wrinkles, hydrate the skin, and restore any lost volume in the face. If you’re looking for more dramatic results, might be better for you as its formula is much stronger and designed to target deeper lines in the face.
What are the benefits of Juvederm?
The effects are much more long-lasting, with results lasting up to two years! The short term effects of smoother skin are almost immediate, but the formula also has long term benefits as well. The hyaluronic acid in the formula works as an anti-aging fighter by hydrating skin. Over time your body’s natural collagen will be stimulated where the Juvederm was injected which will help you look younger for a longer period of time.
In addition to its anti-aging benefits, Juvederm is also a versatile product that’s used in a number of other procedures including non-surgical rhinoplasty. It helps improve the appearance of the nose by smoothing out minor bumps and reducing the appearance of other minor imperfections you may feel self-conscious about.
How long do the results of Juvederm last?
Results last for about two years, which makes Juvederm a popular option for those who want long-lasting results without having to constantly go back to their clinic for follow up appointments.
What is Restylane?
Much like Juvederm, Restylane is also a hyaluronic acid based filler that’s used to gently restore fullness to the skin to help give back it’s youthful glow again.
What are the benefits of Restylane?
Restylane has similar anti-aging benefits as Juvederm. It’s most commonly used to fill wrinkles and lips, as well as give cheeks a fuller appearance.
How long do the results of Restylane last?
The results of Restylane greatly depend on how deep the filler penetrates into the layers of skin. Your surgeon will give you a better idea of how long the results will last given the location of the injection sites and where you’re getting the procedure done.
What’s The Difference Between Juvederm and Restylane?
Because their beneficial properties are so similar, patients often get these fillers confused. Their main difference has to do with consistency. Juvederm has a natural, gel-like consistency while Restylane feels a bit more granular which is ideal for helping smooth out deeper lines.
To figure out which filler is the best for you, book a consultation with McLean Clinic today. Your dreams of achieving smooth, flawless skin are closer than you think!
Leave A Comment
- Most Common Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Plastic Surgery vs Cosmetic Surgery: What’s the Difference?
- When Should You Get a Facelift?
- Testosterone and FTM Top Surgery
- What to Avoid After Getting Botox Injections
- 3 Common Reasons for a Nose Job
- How Long It Takes to Recover From Plastic Surgery
- The Benefits of Microneedling
- 10 Celebrities Who Denied Plastic Surgery Rumours
- 6 Celebrities’ Cosmetic Skin Treatments
- 8 Celebrities Before and After Plastic Surgery
- Cosmetic Scar Treatments
- The Best Fine Lines and Wrinkles Treatments
- How Long Does Plastic Surgery Last?
- Top 5 Questions to Ask During Your Plastic Surgery Consultation
- The Best Age to Get a Rhinoplasty
- Everything You Need to Know About a Mini Facelift
- How to Prevent Scarring After Plastic Surgery
- Cosmetic Treatments You Can Still Enjoy While Pregnant
- What Can I Expect During Corrective Plastic Surgery?
- K-Beauty Plastic Surgery Trends of 2019
- Is Sex Better After Cosmetic Surgery?
- 8 Myths About Breast Augmentation
- 8 Celebrities You Never Knew Had Cosmetic Surgery
- Does Plastic Surgery Improve Self-Esteem?
- Why You Deserve a Mommy Makeover
- What Is a ‘Lift Edge’ Filler?
- Top Cosmetic Procedure Trends from Around the World
- Should You Combine Plastic Surgery Procedures?
- Cosmetic Treatments for Your Hands
- Top 5 Methods to Remove Facial Hair
- Why ‘Daddy Do-Over’ Cosmetic Surgery Is Such a Big Hit
- 8 Myths About Tummy Tucks
- 7 Habits That Are Causing Your Boobs to Sag
- How Long Until I’m Back in the Gym After My Cosmetic Surgery?
- What Breast Sensation Can I Expect After Augmentation Surgery?
- Which Facial Filler Is Right for Me?
- Laser Treatment Options for Age Spots
- Hollywood Celebrities Influencing the World of Non-Surgical Cosmetic Treatments
- Popular “Lunchtime” Procedures
- Best Procedures for Sagging Skin
- Are You a Good Cosmetic Surgery Candidate?
- 5 Cosmetic Procedures to Help You Achieve Your Desired Body
- Laser, Waxing and Electrolysis – Which One Is Best for Me?
- Top 10 Most Popular Cosmetic Treatments for Men
- Can Bad Plastic Surgery Be Fixed?
- How to Handle Excessive Sweating
- Will a breast augmentation increase my risk of breast cancer?
- How to Protect Skin from Sun Damage
- 10 Things to Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon
- Are You A Good Cosmetic Surgery Candidate?
- 10 Things To Ask During Your First Consultation
- Celebrities And Their Favourite Cosmetic Procedures
- Which Season Is the Best Time to Start Laser Hair Removal?
- 5 Red Flags to Look out for When Picking a Plastic Surgeon
- How to Prepare for Your Upcoming Plastic Surgery
- Chemical Peels for Sun Damage
- Is Plastic Surgery Tourism A Good Idea?
- What Is Collagen And What Are Ways To Stimulate Collagen Production?
- 5 Ways To Help To Prevent Premature Wrinkles
- How To Enhance Your Facelift
- How To Choose The Size And Shape Of Your Breast Implants
- Top 5 Tips For Quick Rhinoplasty Recovery
- Top Cosmetic Treatments For Women In Their 60s
- Top Cosmetic Treatments For Women In Their 30s
- Debunking Common Facelift Myths
- Differences between CoolSculpting, Liposuction, and Tummy Tucks
- Can I Wear Makeup After Eyelid Surgery?
- Common Risks Of Facial Plastic Surgery
- Everything You Need To Know About Lip Fillers
- Reasons To Consider A Breast Reduction
- What Is The Recovery Time On A Breast Augmentation?
- Saline VS Silicone Implants
- The Difference Between Botox, Restylane and Juvederm
- Debunking 10 Common Rhinoplasty Myths
- What Age Should I Get A Facelift?
- How Can I Benefit From Combining My Eyelid and Brow Lift Surgery?
- Must Try Laser Treatments This Winter
- How To Prepare For Laser Hair Removal
- Drop and Fluff: The Recovery Timeline of Your Breast Augmentation
- What Is The Difference Between Over-The-Counter Skin Care and Medical Grade Skin Care?
- Plastic Surgery By Age
- Surgical vs. Non-Surgical Liposuction
- When Do I Get a Full Facelift or a Mini Facelift?
- Your Tummy Tuck Handbook
- 8 Unique Uses For Dermal Fillers
- Top 5 Most Popular Plastic Surgeries
- The Secret To Flawless Skin with Chemical Peels
- The Non-Surgical Nose Job
- 5 Things To Know Before Getting A Breast Augmentation
- What’s The Difference Between a Tummy Tuck and Liposuction?
- Can I Breastfeed After a Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- Laser Hair Removal vs. Waxing
- How To Determine The Best Rhinoplasty Surgeon For You
- What are the best treatments for acne scars?
- 9 Facts About Cosmetic Surgery You Should Know
- Most Common Plastic Surgery Procedures for Men
- 3 Things You Should Never Lie To Your Plastic Surgeon About
- 5 Tips For Maintaining Liposuction Results
- 6 Reasons To Consider A Breast Reduction
- 5 Tips For Maintaining Your Cosmetic Surgery Results
- Why Winter Is The Best Time For Skin Laser Treatment
- 6 Things To Look For During Your Cosmetic Consultation
- 5 Habits That Accelerate The Signs Of Aging
- Important Lip Care Tips After Fillers
- Upgrade Your Skin Care Regimen In 2018
- CoolSculpting Or Liposuction: Which One Is Right For You?
- 4 Reasons To Get Rid Of Unwanted Hair In The Winter
- How Long Will A Non-Surgical Facelift Last?
- 5 Reasons Droopy Eyelids Are Affecting Your Confidence
- Do Natural Breast Enhancement Exercises Work?
- Are You Susceptible To Lines And Wrinkles?
- How To Get Rid Of Bags Under Your Eyes
- Seven Ways To Slow Down Your Skin’s Aging Process
- Four Ways To Combat Excessive Sweating
- How Long Do Lip Injections Last?
- What Is The Criteria For A Breast Reduction To Be Medically Necessary?
- How Your Skin Ages Throughout The Decades
- Mommy Makeover: The Most Common Procedures
- Why Non Surgical Face Lifts Are Totally Safe
- How To Know If Laser Hair Removal Is Right For You
- What’s The Recovery Like For Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- 10 Questions To Ask Your Surgeon Before Eye Lift Surgery
- Implants After Breastfeeding: 5 Things To Know
- The Best Procedures To Improve Facial Symmetry
- 5 Non-Invasive Procedures That Get Rid Of A Double Chin
- Are Lip Fillers Right For You?
- Can A Breast Reduction Help With Neck Pain?
- Do Face-Lift Exercises Really Work?
- What To Expect During Blepharoplasty Surgery
- What Does Your Partner Think About Your Body Hair?
- What To Expect After Laser Hair Removal
- Can A Breast Reduction Reduce The Risk Of Cancer?
- Seven Reasons Why Collagen Lip Fillers Are Being Replaced By Juvederm
- 6 Facial Plastic Surgeries That Make You Look Younger
- What’s The Difference Between Upper And Lower Blepharoplasty?
- 8 Benefits Of An Arm Lift
- Aesthetic Vs. Deep Chemical Peel: What’s The Difference?
- How Often Do You Need Lip Injections?
- 10 Celebrities Who Had Breast Reduction Surgery
- All About Lip Injections For Men
- Five Exercises To Lift Your Eyes
- Laser Hair Removal For Blonde Hair: 5 Things To Know
- Recovery Tips After Breast Reduction Surgery
- 10 Celebrities Who Have Had Eyelift Surgery
- Home Care After Juvederm Lip Injections
- The Best Time Of Year For Laser Hair Removal
- Five Tips For Faster Recovery After An Arm Lift Procedure
- How The Brow Lift Procedure Helps To Keep You Looking Young
- Getting Ready For A Tummy Tuck After Pregnancy? Here Are Five Things You Need To Know
- Excessive Sweating? Know The Changes In Your Body
- Vitamins And Herbs That Interfere With Your Plastic Surgery
- Is Excessive Sweating Common In Diabetic Patients?
- Can Botox Help With Acne Scarring?
- How To Know If You’re A Candidate For Coolsculpting
- List Of Top Celebrities With Hyperhidrosis
- Is It Safe To Have Blepharoplasty After LASIK?
- Main Differences Between Male And Female Breast Reduction
- Dos And Don’ts Of Selecting A Bra After Breast Augmentation
- Seven Foods And Beverages That Cause Excessive Sweating
- Exercising After Liposuction: Everything You Need To Know
- Seven Causes Of Sagging Skin
- Tips For Updating Your Wardrobe After A Breast Lift
- 5 Myths About Eyelid Surgery
- Can I Have Breast Augmentation Surgery If I Have A Heart Murmur?
- How Long After Laser Hair Removal Can I Tan?
- How To Reduce Bruising And Swelling After Breast Augmentation Surgery
- 5 Things To Consider Before Thermage Treatment
- How To Enhance Your Eyes
- 5 Benefits Of Levulan Photodynamic Therapy
- 5 Habits That Cause Breasts To Sag
- 5 Ways To Get Your Dream Body
- Can Botox Help Prevent Wrinkles In Younger Patients?
- Health Benefits Of Combining Procedures
- Do Patients Ever Experience Vision Problems After Eyelid Surgery?
- How Does CoolSculpting Get Such Dramatic Results Without Being Invasive?
- 6 Ways You Can Enhance Your Backside
- Why Botox Treatments Are Safer Than You Think
- How Your Diet Needs To Change Before Facelift Surgery
- What’s The Best Way To Reduce Scarring?
- How Are Lip Implants Done?
- 5 New Cosmetic Treatments That Are Hot In Canada
- How Breast Reductions Affect Your Physical Health
- Male Celebrities You Didn’t Know Had Cosmetic Procedures
- Best Post-Baby Bodies In Hollywood
- 5 Celebrities Who Look Younger Than They Are
- Best Butt Augmentations In Hollywood
- Which Celebrities Get Lip Injections?
- What Plastic Surgery Has Olivia Munn Undergone?
- What Cosmetic Treatment Has Courteney Cox Had?
- 3 Stars You Didn’t Know Had Butt Implants
- When Did Blake Lively Get Her Nose Job?
- 7 Fans Who Have Had Plastic Surgery To Look Like Their Favourite Celebrities
- Has Diane Keaton Gotten A Face Lift?
- How Does Jennifer Lopez Not Age?
- 90’s Pop Stars: Which Ones Have Had Plastic Surgery?
- Does Blake Shelton Get Botox?
- What Plastic Surgeries Have the Real Housewives Had?
- 3 Ways To Improve Your Appearance In 2016
- Who Are The Youngest Celebrities To Get Plastic Surgery?
- Has Gwen Stefani Had Plastic Surgery?
- 3 Celebrity Moms Who Had A Tummy Tuck
- What Is Hand Rejuvenation?
- 6 Celebrities Who Got Plastic Surgery When They Were Young
- How To Get Rid Of The Scars After Surgery?
- 6 Upcoming Trends In Cosmetic Procedures
- Like Mother, Like Daughter: Celebrity Moms Who Look Just Like Their Daughters
- Three Of The Best Botox Results In Famous Men
- Which Kardashians Have Butt Implants?
- Can I Tattoo Over My Scars?
- Pop Stars And Plastic Surgery: What Have They Had?
- 5 Celebrities You Didn’t Know Had Plastic Surgery
- 3 Celebrities Who Don’t Age
- 3 Best Male Plastic Surgery Before And Afters
- Which ‘Friends’ Stars Have Had Plastic Surgery?
- Best Celebrity Nose Jobs
- 5 Celebs who went Plastic Surgery Overboard
- 5 Best Celebrity Before and After’s
- Have All The Kardashian Sisters Had Plastic Surgery?
- Did Chris Pratt Get Plastic Surgery?
- 4 Ways Megan Fox Changed Her Look
- 18 Older Celebrities With Great Plastic Surgery
- What Plastic Surgery Has Kylie Jenner Had Done?
- Understanding Renee Zellweger’s New Look
- 10 Benefits Of 3 Day Face Lifts
- What Is Levulan PDT?
- Getting Back In Shape After Pregnancy
- Exercising Tips After Tummy Tuck Surgery
- Best Methods To Remove Facial Hair
- Four Ways to Make your Eyes Bigger
- What is Thermage?
- Is it Safe to Breastfeed after Getting Implants?
- Cosmetic Surgery and the Summer: What to Know before Your Procedure
- What Is A Puppet Facelift?
- Plastic Surgery FAQs
- Can Teenagers Get Plastic Surgery?
- Will I Stop Sweating Completely After Excessive Sweating Treatments?
- Will Laser Treatment Get Rid My Acne Scars?
- Can I Tan After An Epidermal Peel?
- Ways To Enhance Your Nose Job
- 4 Different Ways to Enhance your Lips
- What Is ProFractional Therapy?
- How does FTM Top Surgery Differ from a Breast Reduction?
- Are Laser Hair Removal Results Immediate?
- Will Getting Pregnant Change the Look of my Breast Implants?
- What to Know Before Beginning Botox Treatments
- How to Reduce The Appearance of “Turkey Neck”
- How Long is the Recovery Time of a Face Lift?
- New Trends: Cosmetic Surgery on your Hands
- Most Popular Cosmetic Surgeries for Men
- Can you Tighten your Skin without Surgery?
- Can you get Areola Reduction Surgery?
- How Long Should You Take Testosterone After FTM Surgery?
- Volbella: A New Way to Make Lips Fuller and More Attractive
- When Can I Swim After Surgery?
- How do I Care for My Breasts After I Have an Augmentation?
- How Common is Plastic Surgery Today as Opposed to 10 or 20 Years Ago?
- Can I Breastfeed After Having a Breast Reduction?
- Is Face Yoga the New Alternative to Botox?
- How Old are Most Women Who Undergo a Mommy Makeover?
- What are SkinCeuticals and Where Can I Get Them in Canada?
- Diet Tips for After Your Cosmetic Surgery?
- Nine Celebrities With Amazing Eyes
- Tips for Otoplasty Surgery Preparation and Recovery
- Can I Get A Brow Lift Effect From Dermal Fillers?
- What Are The Most Popular Plastic Surgeries For Moms?
- Why do Men Love Breasts So Much?
- 5 Celebrities Who Have Had Plastic Surgery
- How Long Should I Wait After Surgery to Work Out?
- How Long After Surgery Until I Can Have Sex?
- How to Stop Excessive Sweating
- Are Celebrity Excuses for Plastic Surgery Legit?
- Will Having Plastic Surgery Improve my Sex Life?
- What Makes a Good Candidate for Eyelid Surgery?
- Are Silicone Implants Safe for the Body?
- Busting the Top 7 Myths About Facelifts
- Trillium Health Partners Foundation Thanks Dr. McLean’s For His Philanthropic Contributions!
- Skin Tightening with Thermage CPT
- FTM Female to Male Surgery
- Three Day Face Lift
- How has Breast Augmentation Become Safer Over Time?
- How soon after my baby can I get a Mommy Makeover?
- Popular non-surgical / non-invasive cosmetic procedures
- Can I Have a Baby After I Have a Tummy Tuck?
- Injectable Fillers
- A Message From Dr. Hugh McLean
- Toronto & Mississauga Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Clinic
- Arm Lift
- Blepharoplasty Surgery
- Breast implants
- Breast Lift
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Brow Lift
- Butt Implant
- Chemical Peel
- Cosmetic Consultation
- Cosmetic Procedure
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Enhance Backside
- Enhance Your Eyes
- Excessive Sweating
- Eye Lid Surgery
- Face Lift
- General Category
- Hair Removal
- Health Tips
- Healthy Tips
- Laser Hair Removal
- Lip Injections
- McLean Clinic
- Mommy Makeover
- Nose Job
- Photodynamic Therapy
- plastic surgery
- ProFractional Laser Treatment
- Reduce scarring
- Sagging Skin
- Skin Care
- Tummy Tuck
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- September 2011